Cost: $10 / month (taxes apply to CA)
What's in the box: Every month you'll receive 4-5 beauty samples that's based on a profile you complete. You can adjust this profile at any time through your online account and sometimes you get to choose a Sample Choice as well.
- Subscriptions: Use coupon code SMPBOX and your first box will be the “I Definitely Do” Box, curated by the wedding experts at Style Me Pretty. Perfect for brides, bridesmaids, and guests, this box is packed with products to prep for the big day and use long after.
- Shoping: Try coupon codes TAKEOFF20, COMEBACK20, MOBILE20, WELCOMEOFFER20, or TAKEOFF10. And don’t forget to add the Mystery Sample Pack to your cart with your $35+ shop purchase!
This box screams beach and summer to me, love it!
Plus this time around they included a sweepstake in each box. You see that first card that says "You've got big plans..."? Well that's the sweepstake card and behind it is a code that you enter on their website to see what your prize is. You can enter your code here and tell me what you won, I'm curious!
I entered my code and got a 20% off coupon which is kind of a bummer since I get those codes quite frequently anyway, but better something than nothing right?
- Marcelle - BB Cream Golden Glow
- Deluxe sample 0.24 oz/7 ml, $4.05
I love BB creams because it cuts my makeup routine in half by being an all-in-one moisturizer and foundation. This cream promises to hydrate and calm skin, evens tone, control shine, lightly masks imperfections, and infuse skin with a radiance glow (thanks to tiny flecks of light-reflecting pigments). I also like that its paraben free and oil free which is 2 things I absolutely require for my skincare.
- Supergoop! - Everyday Sunscreen SPF 50
- Deluxe sample 0.34 fl.oz./10 ml, $2.69
I have Supergoop! products but I'm happy to add more to my collection especially in these small travel friendly tubes, they're so convenient. This sunscreen can be used for both body and face and is oil-free, plus it's free of oxybenzone.
- Number 4 - Super Comb Prep & Protect
- Deluxe sample 30 ml/1 fl.oz., $4.80
I just got this 2 months ago from Birchbox so I think it might be time for me to update my profile. This sulfate-free leave-in conditioner will protect your hair from heat damage and it also doubles as a color protector and UV shield. The size of the bottle is also travel friendly and perfect to bring to the beach or poolside.
- Marcelle - Waterproof Eyeliner in Indigo
- Deluxe Sample Size (2/3 of the full size pencil) 0.8g, $7.33
I'm glad that the color of this eyeliner is dark and although not black (it's like a dark blue), it still fits me well. It still looks black on me with a tiny hint of blue but very slightly. I also appreciate that this is waterproof and almost full size (2/3 of full size).
- Catherine Malandrino - Style de Paris Eau de Parfum
- Deluxe Sample Spray 2ml?, $4.33?
There was no information on size for this item, so my calculations are based on average perfume sample spray sizes.
Fragrance samples never excite me. I get way too many from my online beauty purchases as free gifts, plus I think scents are so personal that its hard to please anyone, especially me since I'm very picky with my fragrances.
"This scent from fashion designer Catherine Malandrino hits all the right notes with a playful yet sophisticated oriental fragrance mixed with fun fruits (think: Italian Mandarin, ruby red grapefruit, and Nashi pear). Like her renowned, sought-after designs, it’s the perfect blend of chic Parisian style and the infectious energy of New York City."
- L. Erickson - Grab & Go Ponytail Holder
- 1 elastic band, $1.20
What a surprise to get this in a Birchbox! Bonus items I've received are typically foil packets so I sure am happy to get this, and I have long hair so I'll be putting this to good use for sure!
My Thoughts: This box had a summer theme going on and perfume sample aside, I'll be using every item in it. I've already put all the items (beside the perfume) into my travel beauty bag so that it's all ready for me to use when I decide to head off to the beach or go on a vacay to somewhere sunny and tropical. The total value of this box came up to $24.40, that's if my calculations on the perfume sample are correct. But even if it's off by a dollar or two, the value is still double the cost so I'm happy with that, plus Birchbox got brownie points for including the hair tie as a bonus item!